Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Mask Up!

Most of my sewing for the last 5 months have been making masks. I have used a free pattern from the sewing pattern company McCalls. I literally just spent 30 minute straight talking in this mask, in 90+ F degree heat (though we were in the shade) doing a pastoral visit with a couple - one spouse sitting outside with me, masked, and on speakerphone with the other, inside the still-locked-down living facility. That's right, I STILL have to visit through a window in the lobby by calling a special phone number so we can chat and look at each other through the window (Though I am very glad that I can do at least this much). So I talked, prayed, chatted, sweated, then gassed up my car (2nd time in 5 months).... and then it took me about a full minute of driving before I realized I still had my mask on.

It's not that hard.*

Plz excuse my mussed up collar

The McCalls Pattern can be found HERE.

*It is hard for many people for medical and other legitimite reasons. That's why the rest of us who can do it need to do it.

1 comment: