Monday, August 11, 2014

Inagural Post - Shirt, Shoes, and a (worship) Service


So this is what I wore to church on Sunday morning, going solo during my pastor colleague's annual vacation. The shirt I adapted a bit, making the sleeves shorter, and the torso longer, without the odd asymmetrical peplum thing.

Clergy "Janie" - Womenspirit.com
Jacket - Thrifted
Shirt - hand-made
Pants - Thrifted
Liturgically Appropriate Shoes - Kohl's Clearance!
I love these green shoes. They are super comfy flats that are a nice shade of green, and I get comments nearly every time I wear them. My members even noticed they were the right color for the Sundays after Pentecost!

Close up on the shirt
Here is the original pattern FYI. I like the shape of the collar, but it was very hard to make the other changes I wanted, so I don't know if I'll use it again. My mom gave me other easy shirt patterns I can try!

No comments:

Post a Comment